1. Helpful in bringing about a harmonious adaptation
2. Tending to reconcile or accommodate; bringing into harmony; SYN. reconciling.
3. Willing to adjust to differences in order to obtain agreement; SYN. cooperative.
ETYM French avantageux, from avantage.
1. Appropriate for achieving a particular end; implies a lack of concern for fairness; SYN. appropriate.
2. Giving an advantage.
3. Likely to be of benefit or advantage.
4. Very favorable or advantageous; SYN. favorable, golden.
Worthy of being recommended or suggested; prudent or wise.
1. Convenient for use or disposal; SYN. usable, useable.
2. Not busy; not otherwise committed; SYN. uncommitted.
3. Obtainable or accessible and ready for use or service.
ETYM Cf. French bénéficial, Late Lat. beneficialis.
1. Promoting or enhancing well-being; SYN. good.
2. Tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health; SYN. good, salutary.
3. Advantageous; bringing good.
ETYM Late Lat. commodiosus, from Latin commodum convenience, from commodus. Related to Commode.
Large and and roomy; ('convenient' is archaic in this sense); SYN. convenient.
Tending to promote or assist
ETYM Latin effectivus: cf. French effectif.
1. Able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively; SYN. efficient.
2. Producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect; SYN. effectual, efficacious.
3. Working well as a means or remedy.
4. Existing in fact; not theoretical; real.
5. Exerting force or influence; SYN. good, in effect, in force.
6. (Military) Equipped and ready for service.
Yielding a fair profit; SYN. paid, paying.
1. Of service or assistance.
2. Providing assistance or serving a useful function.
3. Showing a willingness to cooperate.
ETYM Latin lucrativus, from lucrari to gain, from lucrum gain: cf. French lucratif. Related to Lucre.
Producing a good profit; SYN. moneymaking, remunerative.
ETYM French productif, Latin productivus fit for prolongation.
1. Producing or capable of producing (especially abundantly).
2. Yielding positive results.
3. Continuing to be used in the formation of new words or constructions.
4. Raising mucus or sputum (as from the bronchi).
ETYM French profitable.
1. Promoting benefit or gain.
2. Providing profit.
3. Yielding material gain or profit.
1. Serving to remunerate
2. Providing remuneration; profitable
Sinonimi: Wholesome; healthful; salubrious; beneficial; useful; advantageous; profitable
ETYM Latin salutaris, from salus, -utis, health, safety: cf. French salutaire. Related to Salubrious.
1. Wholesome; healthful; promoting health.
2. Promotive of, or contributing to, some beneficial purpose; beneficial; advantageous; SYN. Wholesome; healthful; salubrious; beneficial; useful; advantageous; profitable.
Producing good effects; beneficial.
Having good results; healthy; wholesome.
1. Having a beneficial use
2. Intended or able to serve a purpose without elaboration
3. Ready for service or able to give long service
1. Being of use or service; SYN. utile.
2. Capable of being turned to use or account
3. Of great importance or use or service; SYN. valuable, of value.
1. Conducive to or characteristic of physical or moral well-being.
2. Sound or exhibiting soundness in body or mind.
1. Lacking stiffness and giving way to pressure.
2. Tending to give in or surrender or agree
3. Inclined to yield to argument or influence or control.