Nadležan, merodavan, formalno ili stvarno osposobljen (kvalifikovan) za neki posao, sposoban, sturčan, kvalifikovan za neku oblast ili posao (lat.)
1. Having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; .
2. Have the skills and qualifications to do things well; SYN. capable.
3. Having a strong healthy body; SYN. able-bodied.
4. (Usually followed by 'to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something
ETYM French compétent, p. pr. of compéter to be in the competency of, Late Lat. competere to strive after together, to agree with; hence, to be fit. Related to Compete.
1. Adequate for the purpose.
2. Properly or sufficiently qualified or capable or efficient.
3. Sufficiently skillful, knowledgeable, qualified, etc.; capable, effective.
4. Law, legally qualified; belonging by right (to).
5. Law, legal qualification or capacity; income, especially unearned, sufficient to live on; ability of embryonic tissue to react to external conditions.
Of substantial or significant value or merit