ETYM Pref. a- + broad.
1. To or in a foreign country.
2. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings
3. In a place across an ocean
1. By the side of; in comparison with; on a par with
3. Not relevant to
Sinonimi: on the far side
1. Farther along in space or time or degree.
2. In addition.
3. On the farther side from the observer; SYN. on the far side.
As an exception; all but.
ETYM Old Eng. out, ut, oute, ute, as. űt, and űte, űtan, from űt; akin to Dutch uit, os. űt, German aus, Old High Germ. űz, Icel. űt, Swed. ut, Dan. ud, Goth. ut, Skr. ud. Related to About, But, Carouse, Utter.
1. Away from home.
2. Outside of an enclosed space.
3. Outward from a reference point.
So as to reach and go beyond a point near at hand
1. On the outside; externally
2. With something lacking or absent