Toward or at the stern of a ship; further aft.
To the rear of; specifically; toward the stern from.
1. Behind in place
2. Subsequent to in time or order
3. Subsequent to and in view of
4. So as to resemble
1. In or to a place or situation in back of or to the rear of — used as a function word to indicate something that screens an observer; following in order.
2 — used as a function word to indicate backwardness, delay, or deficiency.
3. In the background of; out of the mind or consideration of; beyond in depth or time.
4. In support of; on the side of; with the support of.
1. On or to the farther side of; at a greater distance than
2. Out of the reach or sphere of; in a degree or amount surpassing; out of the comprehension of
3. In addition to; besides