1. Being ahead of time or need; SYN. beforehand.
2. Situated ahead or going before; SYN. advanced, in advance.
1. (Of societies) Highly developed especially in technology or industry
2. Ahead in development; complex or intricate; SYN. sophisticated.
3. Ahead of the times; SYN. forward-looking, innovative, modern.
4. At a higher level in training or knowledge or skill
5. Far along in time; SYN. ripe.
6. Farther along in physical or mental development
7. Comparatively late in a course of development
8. Situated ahead or going before
Jutting or overhanging; SYN. beetling.
1. At or near or directed toward the front.
2. Moving toward a position ahead; SYN. onward.
3. Of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle.
4. Situated at or toward the front.
5. Situated in the front.
6. Used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty.
Most advanced; leading.