ETYM From Latin convivium a feast; con- + vivere to live. Related to Victuals, Convive.
1. Occupied with or fond of the pleasures of good company; SYN. good-time.
2. Pertaining to banquet; festive; jolly.
good-time · sociable
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. hospitable, Late Lat. hospitare to receive as a guest. Related to Host a landlord.
1. Favorable to life and growth.
2. Disposed to treat guests and strangers with cordiality and generosity.
3. ('hospitable' is usually followed by 'to') Having an open mind; SYN. open to.