ETYM Old Eng. attendance, Old Fren. atendance, from atendre, French attendre. Related to Attend.
The act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.); SYN. attending.
ETYM Latin attentio: cf. French attention.
1. A general interest that leads people to want to know more.
2. The process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others; SYN. attending.
3. The faculty or power of mental concentration.
4. A motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review.
5. A courteous act indicating affection.
Remaining in one place until a certain time or event