1. Said of infants: to feed at the breast; to suck milk from a breast; SYN. suckle, suck, nurse, wet-nurse, lactate, give suck.
2. Said of mothers: to give one's breast to a baby; breast feed, breast-feed
1. To serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people.
2. To treat carefully
3. To try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
To suck milk from the mother's breasts; of infants and baby mammals.
1. To act as wet nurse to
2. To give constant and often excessive care to