ETYM Cf. French dénominateur.
The divisor of a fraction.
In mathematics, the bottom number of a fraction, so called because it names the family of the fraction. The top number, or numerator, specifies how many unit fractions are to be taken.
Sinonimi: distributer | electrical distributor
1. Device that distributes voltage to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine in the order of the firing sequence; SYN. distributer, electrical distributor.
2. Someone who markets merchandise.
1. One who, or that which, divides; that which separates anything into parts.
2. One who deals out to each his share.
3. One who, or that which, causes division.
4. An instrument for dividing lines, describing circles, etc., such as compasses.
ETYM Latin, from dividere. Related to Divide.
1. One of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer; SYN. factor.
2. The number by which a dividend is divided.