ETYM Cf. Old Fren. demorage delay. Related to Demur.
1. A charge required as compensation for the delay of a ship or freight car or other cargo beyond its scheduled time of departure.
2. Detention of a ship or freight car or other cargo beyond its scheduled time of departure.
3. Delay of vessel's departure or loading with cargo.
4. Delay by charterer of a vehicle's or vessel's loading, departure, etc.; payment for such delay.
Someone who wastes time; SYN. dillydallier, mope, lounger.
Someone who takes more time than necessary; SYN. drone, laggard.
ETYM German läufer a runner, Prov. German laufer, lofer, from laufen to run. Related to Leap.
One who loafs; a lazy person.
1. A quick thrust; jab; a blow with the fist; punch
2. A projecting brim on the front of a woman's bonnet
3. A cutting remark; dig
4. Wallet; purse
A slow-moving or sluggish person or thing