1. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); SYN. jargon, slang, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular.
2. Insincere talk about religion or morals; SYN. pious platitude.
ETYM AS. snofel. Related to Snivel.
Whining in a tearful manner; SYN. sniveling.
1. The act or practice of wailing; loud lamentation
2. A usually prolonged cry or sound expressing grief or pain
3. A sound suggestive of wailing
4. A querulous expression of grievance; complaint
A complaint uttered in a plaintive whining way; SYN. whine.
1. A prolonged high-pitched cry usually expressive of distress or pain
2. A sound resembling such a cry
3. A complaint uttered with or as if with a whine