ETYM Old Eng. lessoun, French leçon lesson, reading, from Latin lectio a reading, from legere to read, collect. Related to Legend, Lection.
1. A task assigned for individual study.
2. A unit of instruction.
ETYM From Peruse.
Reading carefully with intent to remember; SYN. perusing, poring over, studying.
1. A particular interpretation or performance
2. The act of measuring with meters or similar instruments; SYN. meter reading.
3. The cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message
4. The data presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument; SYN. meter reading.
5. Written material intended to be read