Sinonimi: tire | drill
1. To cause to be bored; SYN. tire.
2. To drill a hole into; SYN. drill.
tidal flow of water up estuaries
wall of water advancing up narrow estuary at certain tides.
Sinonimi: exercise | practice | practise
1. To learn by repetition; SYN. exercise, practice, practise.
2. To teach by repetition.
3. To train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons.
4. To undergo military training or do military exercises.
5. To perforate, as with a drill.
Sinonimi: plug | perforate
ETYM Old Eng. punchen, perhaps the same word as Eng. punish: or cf. Eng. bunch.
1. To deliver a punch to; SYN. plug.
2. To drive forcibly as if by a punch.
3. To make a hole into; SYN. perforate.