ETYM Old Eng. on live, AS. on lîfe in life; lîfe being dat. of lîf life. Related to Life, Live.
1. Possessing life.
2. (Followed by 'to' or 'of') Aware of.
3. (Often followed by 'with') Full of life and spirit.
4. Capable of erupting; SYN. live.
ETYM Cf. W. brysg, from brys haste, Gael. briosg quick, lively, Irish broisg a start, leap, jerk.
1. Quick and energetic; SYN. lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy.
2. Very active.
Having no rest; perpetually agitated; unable to sleep.
Full of spirit and vitality
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. vigoros, French vigoureux, Late Lat. vigorosus.
1. Characterized by forceful and energetic action or activity.
2. Strong and active physically or mentally.