Pisac, tvorac nekog književnog, naučnog ili umetničkog dela; pronalazač; autorsko pravo, isključivo pravo književnika, umetnika, naučenjaka, pronalazača da mogu moralno i ekonomski iskorišćavati svoje duhovne tvorevine (s obzirom na objavljivanje, prevođenje i umnožavanje njihovih dela); up. auktor.
1. A film director whose practice accords with the auteur theory; broadly; director
2. An artist (as a musician or writer) whose style and practice are distinctive
ETYM Old Eng. authour, autour, Old Fren. autor, French auteur, from Latin auctor, sometimes, but erroneously, written autor or author, from augere to increase, to produce. Related to Auction.
1. The beginner, creator, or originator of any thing.
2. The writer of a book.
1. A person who has a love of books and especially of reading
2. A person who is involved in the writing, publishing, or selling of books
Composes music as a profession.
ETYM AS. wrîtere.
1. A person who is able to write and has written something.
2. Writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay); SYN. author.