To chew the fat; shoot the breeze; SYN. confabulate, confab, chitchat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit.
1. To replace fact with fiction in the telling of a story.
2. To talk familiarly together; to chat; to prattle.
3. To chat; to invent past experiences
4. Chat; hold a discussion; Psychology, replace memory gaps with imagined experiences.
1. To provide commentary for a film, for example.
2. To tell (as a story) in detail; also; to provide spoken commentary for (as a movie or television show)
1. To render verbally,; SYN. retell.
2. To repeat aloud from memory
(Irregular preterit, past participle: spun).
1. To revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; SYN. spin around, whirl, reel, gyrate.
2. To work natural fibers into a thread.
3. To form a web by making a thread, as of spiders.
4. To prolong or extend; SYN. spin out.
5. To make up a story, as in.
6. To stream in jets, of liquids.
Involuntarily repeat certain words, phrases, etc.