ETYM Cf. French circonstanciel.
Fully detailed and specific about particulars.
ETYM Late Lat. dispensabilis. Related to Dispense.
Capable of being dispensed with or done without.
Having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue.
ETYM Latin, a comparative with no positive.
1. Inferior in number or size or amount.
2. Lesser in scope or effect.
3. Limited in size or scope; SYN. modest, small, small-scale.
4. Of lesser importance or stature or rank.
5. Of lesser seriousness or danger.
6. (British) Of the younger of two boys with the same family name.
7. (Law) Not of legal age; SYN. nonaged, underage.
8. (Music) Of a scale or mode.
9. (Theology) Warranting only temporal punishment; SYN. venial.
10. Pertaining to one's secondary field of academic concentration or specialization.
(Archaic) Slight or limited; especially in degree or intensity or scope
1. Have fine or very small constituent particles
2. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent; SYN. little.
1. Not essential; not of prime importance; not indispensable; unimportant.
2. Void of essence, or real being.
Not substantial; lacking substance, firmness, or strength