A region of southwestern Italy on the Tyrrhenian Sea including the islands of Capri and Ischia.
Agricultural region (wheat, citrus, wine, vegetables, tobacco) of S Italy, including the volcano Vesuvius; area 13,600 sq km/5,250 sq mi; est) 5,668,900. The capital is Naples; industrial centers include Benevento, Caserta, and Salerno. There are ancient sites at Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Paestum.
kampanja | srpsko - engleski prevod
1. Poljsko dobro; selo;
2. Vojni pohod, rat, ratovanje;
3. Borba za ili protiv (koga ili čega, naročito putem štampe);
4. Svi radovi kojima se priprema ostvarenje nekog socijalno-političkog zadatka, npr. izborna kampanja;
5. Doba određeno rada u godini, sezona radova na nečemu, npr. kampanja šećerne repe itd. (fr.)
ETYM French campagne, Italian campagna, from Latin Campania the level country about Naples, from campus field. Related to Camp, Champaign, Champagne.
1. A series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; SYN. cause, crusade, drive, movement, effort.
2. An overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa); SYN. hunting expedition, safari.
3. Several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints); SYN. military campaign.
1. A physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire.
2. The act of applying force to propel something; SYN. thrust, driving force.
3. A journey in a vehicle driven by someone else; SYN. ride.
4. The trait of being highly motivated
5. A mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine
6. A wide scenic road planted with trees; SYN. parkway.
7. Hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver; SYN. driving.
8. The act of driving a herd of animals overland.
9. A hard straight return (as in tennis or squash).