1. Engleska novčana jedinica, = 12 pensa = 1/20 funte sterlina;
2. Današnja austrijska novčana jedinica.
ETYM An onomatopoetic word, expressing quick, jerky motion; Old Eng. bob bunch, bobben to strike, mock, deceive.
1. A hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around.
2. A hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string.
3. A short abrupt inclination (as of the head).
4. A small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line; SYN. bobber, cork, bobfloat.
ETYM German See Shilling.
The basic unit of money in Austria.
ETYM Old Eng. shilling, schilling, AS. scilling; akin to Dutch schelling, OS. and Old High Germ. scilling, German schilling, Swed. and Dan. skilling, Icel. skillingr, Goth. skilliggs, and perh. to Old High Germ. scellan to sound, German schallen.
An English coin worth one twentieth of a pound.