ETYM Latin ambiguus, from ambigere to wander about, waver; amb- + agere to drive.
1. Having more than one possible meaning.
2. (Psychology) Having no intrinsic or objective meaning; not organized in conventional patterns.
3. Of uncertain meaning.
1. Indistinct or hazy in outline; SYN. blurred, blurry, foggy, fuzzy, hazy, muzzy.
2. Tired to the point of exhaustion; SYN. blear, bleary-eyed, blear-eyed.
Unclear in form or expression; SYN. clouded.
Not clear; blurred.
1. Not firmly woven; that ravels.
2. Furnished with fuzz; having fuzz.
3. Confused or unclear.
ETYM From Haze.
1. Thick with haze; somewhat obscured with haze; not clear or transparent.
2. Obscure; confused; not clear.