1. To bestow an honor upon; SYN. bestow an award upon.
2. To give on the basis of merit; SYN. grant.
3. To give, esp. as a reward; SYN. present.
To give as a gift.
To tell, give knowledge; SYN. leave, give, pass on.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: lent).
1. To give temporarily; let have for a limited time; SYN. loan.
2. To have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open to; be vulnerable to.
3. To confer a certain quality, as in; SYN. impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring.