Die Himmelsrichtung, in der die Schnittlinie einer geneigten Erdschicht mit einer gedachten horizontalen Ebene verläuft.
1. To declare void and nul; make ineffective.
2. To make up for; SYN. offset, set off.
3. Said of cheques or tickets: to invalidate.
4. To postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; SYN. call off.
In mathematics, to simplify a fraction or ratio by dividing both numerator and denominator by the same number (which must be a common factor of both of them). For example, 5x/25 cancels to x/5 when divided top and bottom by 5.
1. To throw or cast away; SYN. fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away.
2. To throw out a useless card or to fail to follow suit.
1. To let fall to the ground
2. To fall vertically
3. To go down in value
4. To leave or unload, esp. of passengers or cargo; SYN. set down, put down, unload.
5. To utter casually
6. To lose (said of games, in sports)
7. To stop pursuing or acting; SYN. knock off.
8. To terminate an association with
9. To give birth; used for animals
10. To change from one level to another
To pass by, as of time; SYN. lapse, pass, slip by, glide by, slip away, go by, slide by, go along.
1. To apply paint to; coat with paint.
2. To make a painting of.
3. To make a painting.
4. To apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil.
1. To cause to skip over a surface:; SYN. skip, skitter.
2. To coat with a layer; of liquids.
3. To read superficially; SYN. skim over.
4. To remove from the surface; SYN. skim off, cream off, cream.