To divide into two or more branches; SYN. ramify, fork, separate, to branch off.
Sinonimi: bound off
1. To move or proceed with leaps and bounds or with a skip; to bound off one point after another; ricochet
2. To leave hurriedly or secretly
3. To pass over or omit an interval, item, or step; to omit a grade in school in advancing to the next; misfire
4. To pass over without notice or mention; omit; to pass by or leave out (a step in a progression or series)
5. To cause to skip (a grade in school); to cause to bound or skim over a surface
6. To leap over lightly and nimbly
7. To depart from quickly and secretly; to fail to attend or participate in
8. To bound off one point after another; SYN. bound off.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: sprang; or p.p.: sprung).
1. To develop suddenly.
2. To leap suddenly.
3. To produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly.