ETYM Latin extraordinarius; extra on the outside + ordinarius: cf. French extraordinaire. Related to Ordinary.
1. Beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable.
2. Far more than usual or expected.
3. (Of an official) Serving an unusual or special function in addition to those of the regular officials.
1. Being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird; SYN. unusual.
2. Not at ease or comfortable
3. Not known before; SYN. unknown.
In an extraordinary manner or degree.
Exceptionally, uncommonly, remarkably
In a strange way.