ETYM as. efen. efn; akin to os. eban, Dutch even, Old High Germ. eban, German efen, Icel. jafn, Dan. jevn, Swed. jämn, Goth. ibns. Related to Anent, Ebb.
1. Being level or straight or regular and without variation as e.g. in shape or texture; or being in the same plane or at the same height as something else (i.e. even with).
2. Divisible by two.
3. Equal in degree or extent or amount; or equally matched or balanced; SYN. fifty-fifty.
4. Occurring at fixed intervals; SYN. regular.
5. Symmetrically arranged; SYN. regular.
ETYM as. self, seolf, sylf; akin to os. self, OFries. self, Dutch zelf, German selb, selber, selbst, Dan. selv. Swed. sjelf, Icel. sjâlfr, Goth. silba. Related to Selvage.
1. Having a single character or quality throughout; specifically; having one color only.
2. Of the same kind (as in color, material, or pattern) as something with which it is used.
The neuter reciprocal pronoun of It.
(Obsolete) An emphasized form of the personal pronoun thou; -- used as a subject commonly with thou
An emphasized or reflexive form of the pronoun of the second person (you).