ETYM The regular comparative of this word is wanting, its place being supplied by less, or, rarely, lesser. Related to Lesser.
1. Small; not large; of small stature; SYN. small.
2. Very young; SYN. small.
3. Younger and (at least formerly) smaller than another though relative size is not the issue; SYN. younger.
4. Contemptibly narrow in outlook; SYN. petty, small, small-minded.
5. (Quantifier used with mass nouns) Small in quantity or degree; not much or almost none SYN. small.
Sinonimi: soberly | staidly
In a grave and sober manner; SYN. soberly, staidly.
ETYM AS. heardlice. Related to Hard.
Almost not; SYN. scarcely.
ETYM From Heavy.
1. To a considerable degree; SYN. to a great extent.
2. With great force.
3. Indulging excessively; SYN. intemperately, hard.
4. In a manner designed for heavy duty.
5. In a heavy-footed manner.
1. By a narrow margin; only just; almost not
2. Certainly not; probably not