1. To apply to a surface.
2. To cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it; SYN. smear.
1. To smear or daub with grease
2. To lubricate with grease
3. To soil with grease
4. To hasten the process or progress of; also; facilitate
5. To lubricate with grease.
ETYM Latin lubricatus, p. p. of lubricare to lubricate. Related to Lubric.
1. To apply a lubricant to; SYN. grease.
2. To apply lubricants to'; SYN. lube, oil.
1. To make a smudge on; soil by smudging; SYN. blur, smudge, smutch.
2. To spread or daub over; SYN. bedaub, besmear.
3. To stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance.
To grease or smear with tallow