1. To utter in a loud voice or announce
2. To order, request, or command to come; SYN. send for.
3. To send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message
4. To order or request or give a command for
5. To declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee
6. To order or request for a specific duty or role
7. To read aloud to check for omissions or absentees
8. To ascribe a quality to or give a name that reflects a quality
9. To require the presentation of for redemption before maturation
10. To stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather
11. To call a meeting; invite or command to meet
12. To utter a characteristic note or cry
13. To challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense
14. To consider or regard as being
15. To demand payment of, as of a loan; SYN. call in.
16. To give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance; SYN. call off.
17. To indicate a decision in regard to (sports):
18. To lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal:
Sinonimi: weep | blazon out
1. To shed tears because of sadness or pain; SYN. weep.
2. To utter a characteristic sound
3. To proclaim or announce in public; SYN. blazon out.
4. To demand immediate action
5. To bring into a particular state by crying
1. To utter a sudden loud cry; SYN. shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall.
2. To utter in a loud voice; talk in a loud voice (usually denoting characteristic manner of speaking)