1. To lighten or lessen the force or weight of.
2. To lighten or lessen (physical or mental troubles); to mitigate, or make easier to be endured; -- opposed to aggravate.
3. To extenuate; to palliate.
To make less severe, intense, harsh, rigorous, painful, etc.; to soften; to meliorate; to alleviate; to diminish; to lessen
Make less harsh or severe; moderate.
1. To soothe in temper or disposition; appease
2. To reduce the rigidity of; soften
3. To reduce in intensity; assuage, temper
4. To make less rigid or softer.
1. To become soft or softer
2. To make soft or softer
3. To make soft or softer; of images and sounds.