ETYM Cf. Norw. gand a thin pointed stick, a tall and thin man, and W. gwan weak.
Attenuated, as with fasting or suffering; lean; meager; pinched and grim.
1. Containing little excess; SYN. skimpy.
2. Not fat; skinny; trim.
3. Lacking in mineral content or combustible material.
4. Not profitable or prosperous.
5. (Metallurgy) Low in mineral content.
1. Having little flesh; thin
2. Lacking desirable qualities (as richness or strength); deficient in quality or quantity
Thin; narrow; having very little fat