ETYM as. cearleás.
1. Effortless and unstudied.
2. Marked by lack of attention or consideration or forethought or thoroughness; not careful.
3. Showing an unthinking lack of consideration.
4. (Usually followed by 'of') Without due thought or consideration; SYN. thoughtless, regardless.
ETYM Prov. Eng. flip to move nimbly; cf. W. llipa soft, limber, pliant, or Icel. fleipa to babble, prattle. Related to Flip, Fillip, Flap, Flipper.
Showing inappropriate levity; SYN. light-minded.
ETYM Latin frivolus; prob. akin to friare to rub, crumble, Eng. friable: cf. French frivole.
Not serious in content or attitude or behavior.
1. Mentally disoriented; dizzy
2. Lacking in maturity or seriousness; frivolous
In a flippant manner; SYN. airily.
Dizzily, woozily, lightheadedly; frivolously, in a flight manner