ETYM Latin, compar. from inter between: cf. French intérieur. Related to Inter-, Intimate.
1. Inside and toward a center.
2. Of or coming from the middle of a region or country; SYN. midland, upcountry.
3. Situated within or suitable for inside a building.
ETYM Latin internus; akin to interior. Related to Interior.
1. Happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface.
2. Occurring within an institution or community; SYN. intragroup.
(Prefix) Within; e.g.
4. Between layers of