ETYM Latin pacificus: cf. French pacifique. Related to Pacify.
1. Disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature; SYN. peaceable.
2. Promoting peace.
ETYM Old Eng. peisible, French paisible.
Inclined or disposed to peace; SYN. peace-loving.
1. Not disturbed by strife or turmoil or war
2. Untroubled by conflict, agitation, or commotion; quiet, tranquil
3. Of or relating to a state or time of peace
4. Devoid of violence or force
ETYM Latin placidus, originally, pleasing, mild, from placere to please: cf. French placide. Related to Please.
1. Free from disturbance; SYN. quiet, still, tranquil, unruffled.
2. Without untoward incident or disruption; SYN. quiet.
In a pacific manner.
In a peaceable manner; SYN. pacifically.
In a peaceful manner.