(Alternate spelling: flavourless).
Lacking distinctive qualities.
ETYM Latin insipidus; pref. in- not + sapidus savory, from sapere to taste: cf. French insipide. Related to Savor.
1. Lacking interest or significance; SYN. jejune.
2. Lacking significance or impact.
3. Not pleasing to the sense of taste; SYN. tasteless.
ETYM Akin to stale urine, and to stall; probably from Low German or Scandinavian. Cf. Stale.
Showing deterioration from age.
Sinonimi: in poor taste
1. Deficient in tastefulness
2. Lacking aesthetic or social taste; SYN. in poor taste.
3. Lacking flavor.
ETYM Latin vapidus having lost its lire and spirit, vapid; akin to vappa vapid wine, vapor vapor. Related to Vapor.
Lacking significance or liveliness or spirit or zest.
Dull; uninteresting; insipid.
Without taste or in poor taste; in a tasteless manner.
In a vapid manner.