1. To become less tense; SYN. unlax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down.
2. To become less tight; SYN. loose.
3. To cause to feel relaxed; SYN. unstrain, unlax, loosen up, unwind, make relaxed.
4. To make less tight; SYN. unbend.
1. To become looser or slack
2. To make slack as by lessening tension or firmness; SYN. remit.
1. To free from flexure, as of a bow.
2. To release from mental strain, tension, or formality
3. To unfasten, as a sail, from a spar or a stay.
To remove the hammer of (a firearm) from a cocked position