Sinonimi: feed bunk
ETYM Cf. OSw. bunke heap, also boaring, flooring. Related to Bunch.
1. A long trough for feeding cattle; SYN. feed bunk.
2. A rough bed (as at a campsite).
A compartment on a European passenger train; contains 4 to 6 berths for sleeping.
(Homonym: palate, pallette).
1. A straw-filled tick or mattress.
2. A small, hard, or temporary bed.
3. A mattress filled with straw or a pad made of quilts; used as a bed.
4. A wooden flat-bladed instrument.
5. A lever or surface in a timepiece that receives an impulse from the escapement wheel and imparts motion to a balance or pendulum.
6. A portable platform for handling, storing, or moving materials and packages (as in warehouses, factories, or vehicles).
1. A boisterous comedy with chases and collisions and practical jokes.
2. Two paddles hinged together; used by an actor to make a loud noise without inflicting injury when striking someone.