Stellung, Lage, Zustand, Ort.
ETYM French position, Latin positio, from ponere, positum, to put, place.
2. The spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated; SYN. spatial relation.
3. The appropriate or customary location.
4. Position or arrangement of the body and its limbs; SYN. posture, attitude.
5. A way of regarding situations or topics etc.; SYN. view, perspective.
6. A rationalized mental attitude; SYN. posture.
7. A job in an organization or hierarchy; SYN. post, berth, slot, office, spot, place, situation.
8. (In team sports) The role assigned to an individual player.