The act of buying; SYN. purchasing.
(Homonym: by, bye).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: bought).
1. To obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; SYN. purchase.
2. To acquire by trade or exchange.
3. To be worth or be capable of buying.
4. To accept as true.
Sinonimi: cash in
To exchange for cash; SYN. cash in.
1. To pay or obtain cash for
2. To lead and win a bridge trick with (a card that is the highest remaining card of its suit)
1. To obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price
2. To obtain by other means, such as by labor, danger, or sacrifice, etc.