1. A mistake in judgment or action; blunder
2. A wrong step
ETYM as. slipe, slip.
1. An accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall; SYN. trip.
2. An inadvertent mistake; SYN. slipup, miscue.
3. The act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning); SYN. elusion, eluding.
4. A young and slender person.
5. A small piece of paper; SYN. slip of paper.
6. A flight maneuver; aircraft slides sideways in the air; SYN. sideslip.
7. Potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics.