1. Usually rectangular container; may have a lid.
2. The quantity contained in a box; SYN. boxful.
3. A rectangular drawing.
4. Private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance; SYN. loge.
5. The driver's seat on a coach; SYN. box seat.
6. Separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people.
7. Any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned.
8. Evergreen shrubs or small trees; SYN. boxwood.
9. A blow with the hand (usually on the ear).
(British) Mailbox. letter-box
Sinonimi: letter box
1. A private box for delivery of mail; SYN. letter box.
2. A public box for deposit of outgoing mail
3. A computer file in which e-mail is collected
4. A box at or near a dwelling for the occupant's mail