Sinonimi: political platform | political program | program | weapons platform
ETYM Plat, a. + -form: cf. French plateforme.
1. A document stating the aims and principles of a political party; SYN. political platform, political program, program.
2. A raised horizontal surface.
3. Any military structure or vehicle bearing weapons; SYN. weapons platform.
ETYM Old Fren. trac track of horses, mules, trace of animals; of Teutonic origin; cf.Dutch trek a drawing, trekken to draw, travel, march, Mid. High Germ. trechen, pret. trach. Related to Trick.
1. Any road or path affording passage especially a rough one; SYN. cart track, cartroad.
2. A groove on a phonograph recording.
3. Any mark left by an animal, especially footprints.
4. A bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll; SYN. rail, rails.
5. The act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track; SYN. running.
6. (Computer science) One of the circular magnetic patterns on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data; SYN. data track.