1. Interruption d'hostilités. Conclure une tręve.
2. Répit. Sans tręve.
1. A military order to cease firing
2. A suspension of active hostilities
A temporary truce in armed warfare during which negotiations are carried out. ceasefire, cease fire
ETYM Old Eng. trewes, triwes, treowes, pl. of trewe a truce, properly, pledge of fidelity, truth, as. treów fidelity, faith, troth. Related to True.
1. A suspension of arms by agreement of the commanders of opposing forces.
2. A temporary cessation of hostilities, for negotiation or other purpose; an armistice.
3. An intermission of action, pain, or contest; temporary cessation; short quiet.