1. Ferme. Un terrain stable.
2. Équilibré. Un caractère stable.
3. Durable. Un emploi stable.
ETYM Latin onstans, -antis, p. pr. of constare to stand firm, to be consistent; con- + stare to stand: cf. French constant. Related to Stand and cf. Cost.
1. Continually recurring or continuing without interruption.
2. Steadfast in purpose or devotion or affection.
ETYM Old Eng. estable, French stable, from Latin stabilis, from stare to stand. Related to Stand, Establish.
1. Firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation.
2. Maintaining equilibrium.
3. Not taking part readily in chemical change.
4. Resistant to change of position or condition.
1. Not easily excited or upset
2. Not subject to change or variation especially in behavior
3. Securely in position; not shaky