Temporary unconsciousness resulting from a blow to the head. It is often followed by amnesia for events immediately preceding the blow.
1. An abrupt spasmodic movement; SYN. jerking, jolt.
2. (Mechanics) The rate of change of velocity; SYN. rate of acceleration.
A sudden impact; SYN. jar, jounce.
Unit of time equal to a hundred-millionth of a second, used in describing nuclear processes.
In music, an alternate name for trill, in which two adjacent notes rapidly alternate.
1. The act or result of shaking; a vacillating or wavering motion; a rapid motion one way and other; a trembling or quaking.
2. A fissure or crack in timber, caused by its being dried too suddenly.
3. A fissure in rock or earth.
4. A milkshake.