1. Petite roue.
2. Fraise (de dentiste)
1. A pivoting wheel attached to the bottom of furniture or trucks or portable machines to make them movable; SYN. castor.
2. A person or thing that casts.
1. A genus of rodents, including the beaver. See Beaver. Type genus of the Castoridae: beavers; Also called: genus Castor.
2. A heavy quality of broadcloth for overcoats. Substance derived from beaver and used in perfumery; hat, especially of beaver fur.
1. A cylinder that revolves; SYN. roll.
2. A long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore; SYN. roll, rolling wave.
Sinonimi: line roulette | toothed wheel
ETYM French, properly, a little wheel or ball. Related to Rouleau, Roll.
1. A gambling game in which players bet on which compartment of a revolving wheel a small ball will come to rest in.
2. A line generated by a point on one figure rolling around a second figure; SYN. line roulette.
3. A toothed wheel for making a row of perforations; SYN. toothed wheel.
Game of chance in which the players bet on a ball landing in the correct segment (numbered 0–36 and alternately colored red and black) on a rotating wheel.
Bets can be made on a single number, double numbers, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, or 24 numbers. Naturally the odds are reduced the more numbers are selected. Bets can also be made on the number being odd or even, between 1 and 18 or 19 and 36, or being red or black; the odds are even in each of those cases. The advantage is with the banker, however, because the 0 (zero) gives all stakes to the bank unless a player bets on 0. The play is under the control of a croupier.
ETYM Dim. of truck a wheel; or from the kindred Latin trochlea a block, sheaf containing one or more pulleys. Related to Truck a wheel.
A small wheel or caster.