ETYM Old Fren. fame, Latin fama, from fari to speak.
1. Favorable public reputation.
2. The state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed; SYN. celebrity, renown.
ETYM Old Eng. glorie, Old Fren. glorie, gloire, French gloire, from Latin gloria; prob. akin to Greek kleos, Skr. çravas glory, praise, çru to hear. Related to Loud.
1. A state of high honor; SYN. glorification.
2. Brilliant radiant beauty; SYN. resplendence, resplendency.
ETYM French renom. Related to Noun, Renown.
1. The state of being much known and talked of; exalted reputation derived from the extensive praise of great achievements or accomplishments; fame; celebrity.
2. Report of nobleness or exploits; praise.