ETYM Old Eng. peple, people, Old Fren. pueple, French peuple, from Latin populus. Related to Populage, Public, Pueblo.
1. Members of a family line.
2. (Plural) Any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively.
Sinonimi: folk | federation of tribes
ETYM Latin tribus, originally, a third part of the Roman people, afterwards, a division of the people, a tribe; of uncertain origin: cf. French tribu.
1. A social division of (usually preliterate) people; SYN. folk.
2. A federation (as of American Indians); SYN. federation of tribes.
3. (Biology) A taxonomic category between a genus and a subfamily.