1. Lasting for a markedly brief time; SYN. fugitive, momentaneous, momentary.
2. Moving or passing by very swiftly.
1. (Football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it; SYN. pass.
2. Allowing one to pass (e.g., an examination or inspection) satisfactorily
3. Moving by or going past
1. Occurring over or involving a relatively short period of time
2. Of, relating to, or constituting a financial operation or obligation based on a brief term and especially one of less than a year; generated by assets held for less than six months
ETYM Latin temporarius, from tempus, temporis, time: cf. French temporaire.
Lasting for a time only; existing or continuing for a limited time; not permanent.
ETYM Old Eng. and French passager. Related to Passage, Messenger.
A person traveling in a vehicle (a boat or bus or car or plane or train etc) who is not operating it; SYN. rider.