1. Formation. Un parti politique.
2. Clan. Le parti des mécontents.
3. Résolution. Prendre le parti de.
4. Fiancé(e). Un bon parti.
ETYM Latin factio a doing, a company of persons acting together, a faction: cf. French faction See Fashion.
A dissenting clique; SYN. sect.
Dissident or self-seeking group; clique; dissension.
ETYM French parti and partie, from French partir to part, divide, Latin partire, partiri. Related to Part.
1. A band of people associated temporarily in some activity; SYN. company.
2. A group of people gathered together for pleasure.
3. A person involved in legal proceedings.
4. An occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment.
5. An organization to gain political power; SYN. political party.
ETYM Old Fren. estance. Related to Stanza.
1. Standing posture.
2. A rationalized mental attitude