Qui a les cheveux noirs et le teint brun (légèrement dépréciatif).
ETYM Old Eng. dark, derk, deork, as. dearc, deorc; cf. Gael. and Irish dorch, dorcha, dark, black, dusky.
1. (Used of color) Having a dark hue.
2. (Used of hair or skin or eyes) Brownish or black.
3. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness; shadowed or black or somber-colored.
4. Marked by difficulty of style or expression; SYN. obscure.
5. Not giving performances; closed.
7. Showing a brooding ill humor; SYN. dour, glowering, glum, moody, morose, saturnine, sour, sullen.
Naturally having skin of a dark color; ('swart' is archaic); SYN. dusky, swart, swarthy.